During the course of your child’s school years, you may have cause to make a complaint about an issue or concern you have with their education. The Department of Education and Training is committed to ensuring that all complaints are dealt with in a fair and equitable manner. There are processes and support networks in place to enable you and your child to work through any issues or concerns you may have.
Cybersafety and cyberbullying
The following information provides information to parents about cybersafety and cyberbullying and suggests what you could do if your child is a target, or is responsible for inappropriate behaviour.
Head lice is a complex, unappealing issue that can be stressful, disruptive and sometimes frustrating for the people involved, and expensive for families. It is often surrounded by misinformation about what is and isn’t effective by way of treatment, and misinformation about the nature of head lice themselves.
The detection and treatment of head lice is the responsibility of families. Information about the treatment for head lice can be found here.
Parent forums are held once per term.
The The Handbook Edition 2021(189 KB) provides you with important information about school policies and procedures.
Information for parents with young children
At Narangba Valley State School we recognise that children are our most treasured possessions. We also recognise, however, that for many parents knowing what to do or where to go when you need some extra support, can be quite difficult.
The following information has been put together to assist parents in accessing resources that are freely available within our local community. These services are available to assist parents in accessing a variety of services to support the development of their children, especially through the early childhood years.
MYCP – Management of Young Children Program. This is an Education Queensland program that offers free skills training and support for families experiencing difficulties with child behaviour/management. Both parent and child attend three 35-40 minute sessions a week for 3-4 weeks. Caboolture East MYCP (Lesley & Danielle) (07) 5431 6191 Deception Bay North MYCP (Marilyn) (07) 3897 2328
The Caboolture Early Years Centre.
This is a Queensland Government Initiative and the centre provides a place for all families with young children (from 0-8 years of age) and expectant parents to learn new skills, access some free professional services, meet new friends and can help give your children the best start in life. Activities on offer include playgroups, support for parents caring for young children, parenting information and courses, child health clinics, access to other professionals such as Occupational Therapists, Speech Therapists etc, fathers and children’s activities, activity programs for 4-8 year olds. Activities are also available at Narangba, Woodford, Deception Bay and Morayfield. Contact Details: 5428 1477, 64 Manley Street Caboolture, firstname.lastname@example.org
Allied Health Care Plan. This is a plan developed in consultation with your family GP if a child needs to access an Occupational Therapist, Speech Language Pathologist, Psychologist or Dietician. An appointment must be made with your GP first and a plan completed before accessing one of these health professionals.
- The mother of all jobs (PDF, 359KB)
- When does fun flip into addiction (PDF, 499KB)
- Beyond their years (PDF, 524KB)
- Get your development match right (PDF, 368KB)
- Raising space cadets (PDF, 581KB)
- Social netiquette (PDF, 481KB)
- Healthy ways for kids to manage emotions (PDF, 487KB)
- How emptying the dishwasher can build independence (PDF, 635KB)
- Managing kids who won't take no for an answer (PDF, 636 KB)
- Reduce our national sleep debt (PDF, 1.1 MB)
- The power of a sincere compliment
- Parent Involvement - the secret ingredient to children's school success
- Easy ways to develop independence in kids (PDF, 386 KB)
- Helping kids with homework (PDF, 721 KB)
- Kids shine with tough love parenting (PDF, 251 KB)
- Raising mighty boys (PDF, 796 KB)
- How much should parents push their kids? (PDF, 696 KB)
- Positive parent involvement (PDF, 376 KB)
- Parenting the family underdog (PDF, 137 KB)
- Increase good feelings at home (PDF, 1 MB)
- Overcoming teen girl anxiety (PDF, 1.3 MB)
- An attitude of gratitude (PDF, 707 KB)
- Two homes, one heart (PDF, 1.2 MB)
- The language of resilient families (PDF, 938 KB)
- Let's talk about literacy (PDF, 1011 KB)
- The new strict parent - Is this you? (PDF, 1034 KB)
- The good and the bad of digital technology for kids (PDF, 1.4 MB)
- Tolerance (PDF, 1.3 MB)